Total Pageviews

Monday, March 21, 2011

First blog. RANT TIME!!!

Random Rants - Volume 1:

- Parkour is a fad. A High-minded anti-etablishment protest for athletic yuppie hipsters who need to work out all of their angst, granola binges and exclusivist boutique-procured overly-caffeinated beverages. Disclaimer: I wish I could do it.

- The Florida Panthers are owned by an incompetent goober who entrusted his team to a salesman more interested in selling add space on the mascot's tookus than fielding a competitive product.

- Weezer needs to just put out B-side comps (for the uninitiated: compilation albums of un-released songs).

- JK Rowling can never write a successful story about anything else...ever. Not her fault, not her fault.

- Everything Bieber touches turns to Platinum. Everything I touch gives me germs. Fair?

- Fox News AM show 'Fox and Friends' just showed a bit on how Obama is "Seeing the sites in Rio while the world is in turmoil. Is that appropriate?" Then they said, "10 years ago today, Destiny’s Child had a number one video for 'Say My Name'. We'll be right back." Which one was that? Fair or Balanced? I can never tell.

My Wife (whom I love) has made me promise to read the books I have before I obtain any more. I made myself a list...and seeing as there were so many...I decided to read two at a time. Since I would naturally gravitate to more entertaining works vs. books that would actually teach me something, I separated the list into two categories: Must and Want. I will read two books at one time and only when both are finished will I move on to the next two. I have already finished 'How Shall We Then Live' by Francis Schaeffer, 'Killing Pablo' by Mark Bowden and 'The Pearl' by John Steinbeck.

What I am reading now:
You Can Change - Tim Chester
Death of a Salesman - Arthur Miller
My Twitter feed - Because I can

No comments:

Post a Comment